Words for Wellness complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
Who do we collect your personal information from
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
What information we collect
Among the types of personal information that this Website collects, by itself or through third parties, are: email address; Cookies; usage data; first name; last name; company name; website.
How we use your personal information
To provide services and products to you:
- For any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
- To market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose) with your permission
- To improve the services and products that we provide to you
- To bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- To respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- To protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Another company within our group, with your permission (email address, website details)
- A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
- Any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- Other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- A person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- Any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- Any other person authorised by you.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
Accessing and correcting your personal information|
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
Third party providers - Analytics
We use Google Analytics (Google Inc.), a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Website, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Third party providers – Targeting and Remarketing
We may also use third party vendors for remarketing. This allows us to advertise to you on third party websites after you leave our website. We may do this through cookies and Facebook pixels located on our website.Most third party vendors allow you to opt-out or amend your settings.
Third party providers – Email service platforms
This website is linked to Gsuite (Google) and MailerLite (MailerLite) email service providers.
Payment processing services enable this Website to process payments by credit card, bank transfer or other means. To ensure greater security, this Website shares only the information necessary to execute the transaction with the financial intermediaries handling the transaction.
Some of these services may also enable the sending of timed messages to the User, such as emails containing invoices or notifications concerning the payment.
Stripe (Stripe Inc)
Xero (Xero Limited)
Words for Wellness either owns the copyright in or has the right to use all text and images published on this website, and its overall design.
You may download and print out any part of this website for your own personal use. However, you may not otherwise copy or use any information or material from this website (including for commercial purposes) without the express written permission of Words for Wellness.